Tuesday 9 February 2010

Roses


THIRD AND FINAL POST FOR TODAY.
There is a fabulous theme for the sketch at Moving along with the times. The theme is childhood memories. The DT have come up with some great ideas this week. I looked through my images and could think of so many to use. In the end I decided to go with these roses as I remember my friend and I picking rose petals and putting them into a jar of water thinking we could make some perfume! Needless to say it didn't work. Well I was only about 4 at the time.

The colour scheme of pink and cream came from Creative Inspirations and the recipe of 1 patterned paper, 1 embossing, 1 button and 1 ribbon is for A Spoonful of Sugar. I used one of my neglected Cuttlebug embossing frills for the border. The paper is another of the Papermania capsule collection. I know that the pink looks a bit purple on the photo but it is pink, I promise you.

11 comments:

Nicki said...

Lovely card Marianne, and thanks for sharing your memory of making 'rosewater' - many the jar of sludgy mess my Mum had to throw out when I was little!

Thank you for taking part in the MAWTT challenge again this week.

Hugs, Nicki, xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hee hee my rose perfume turned to mouldy smelly mess!!!! I love the card it it brill, glad you liked the different theme. Thanks for joining in with us on MAWTT this week, HAzelxo

dolcreations said...

Thats too funny about the water/roses making perfume! I did the same thing!!!!
Love your Mother's Day card. This gives me lots of inspiration for my mothers day cards!!! Mother's Day is in May here!

mudmaven said...

This is beautiful and I love your story! ~chris

Jill said...

Wow that's a beauty Marianne. Its funny the things that you remember when you were a child, they all seem such random remembrances don't they. Jill x

Sue said...

Hi Marianne,wow your card is gorgeous,lovely to see some pretty flowers on a card for a change and i love the embossed border too.

I used to make my perfume like that too.lol

Thanks for joining us at MAWTT:)

Sue
xx

Mandy said...

Wow you have been busy have caught up with your previous two posts..Three gorgeous cards...Your story brought back some lovely memories for me too...
Mandy xx

Lisa Jane said...

what a pretty card - i laughed when i remebered making rosewater and giving it to my mum on mothers day! ( i have never asked - but i bet most of it went down the sink lol)
Lisa ;)

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne another beautiful card! That papermania capsule collection is so fantastic! Love the story about the perfume, I used to do that too lol!
Hugs Lynsey x

Faye said...

That's a lovely story to match a lovely card. Super colours too. In fact I like everything you've posted today. xxx

thread-bare said...

Lol Marianne!!! I too remember doing this in my Nan's back garden. Fantastic card hun & thank you for the fab memory. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT xx Clare x