Tuesday 16 March 2010

Let's go surfing and fame at last

Another bright cheery card which makes me think of Summer. This little surfer from the Greeting Farm looks cool in red and blue and of course I had to give him blond highlighted hair. I used my MS star border punch and added some red ribbon to the scrap of blue paper. The sentiment is cut from Cuttlebug embossed card, which I then files to show the white. A couple of X cut punched swirls and gems in the corner to finish.
Challenges
Crafty Catz Something for the boys
Crazy 4 challenges Masculine card
Cards for Men Happy Birthday
Die Cut Dreams Use at least 2 hand punches


The second thing to share with you is the story which has appeared in Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine out today. Aren't they great pictures of Paige. Unfortunately they insisted on a pic of me as well. You may remember Paige's terrible accident last year and Erin's request to send her cards. I thought it was such a lovely thing to do that I wrote to the magazine about it. (I've already been asked by one blogger friend for my autograph,lol!) The story didn't come out quite the way it was originally written as I wantd it to be about Paige and Erin rather than me but that's journalism for you.
When I read the reader's stories last year there was no mention of being sent anything. I am now stunned and rather embarrassed to find they will be sending me some goodies. I'll have to find a way to share some of these I think, maybe more candy. (For current candy see above.)

13 comments:

Liz said...

Hi Marieaane just lovely your card thanks for joing in over at OSAAT

liz xx

Nannieflash said...

Thats journalists for you, anyway love your card its fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men, and good luck with the Challenge. With hugs Shirleyxxxx

The Crafty Den said...

Such a cute card Marianne. I really love TGF image and the colours are gorgeous. Well done on your 5 mins of fame - just don't forget your 'little friends' haha! Hugs, Denise x

Jill said...

Marianne never knew about that but hey journalists usually say exactly what they want don't they, that's why you can't believe the papers!!

Do love your card though. Jillx

Donnas Den said...

Great card, Marianne. I saw the article but haven't read it yet. Thanks for joining us over at Cards for Men and good luck with the challenge.

Donna xx

Danielle said...

Love your surfer dude - his sun-streaked hair is awesome!! Fab and fun colours too!
And congrats on the magazine piece - I'm glad I could click on the image and read the article!
Hugs, Danielle

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Marianne
A fabulous card for this week's challenge at CraftyCatz,
Hugs Dianne xx

Sue said...

Congratulations hun, gorgeous card luv the bright colours, fabby creation, sue,x

Deb said...

I remember that well, maybe you could send Erin a share of your goodies as a thank you to her for all her efforts too!
If you need her address you can email me and I can get it for you she is on the Whimsy DT with me!

hugs Debx

carol said...

super card for the challenge, thanks for joining in with craftycatz, x carol

Unknown said...

I love your card and the way you used the CB folder for the greeting. Clever! Thanks for playing along with us at Cards For Men. Good luck! Viv xx

Victoria said...

fab card Marianne and oooh published too!!

Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Dreams this week
Hugs
Victoria
x

Nicola said...

Gorgeous card and colour combo and such a sweet image too Marianne.
Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Dreams.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-