Wednesday 15 September 2010

Sugar Bowl Sweetie search

Over at The Sugar Bowl they are searching for Sweeties to join their DT. When I received my first handmade Christmas card from Lynsey which used a Sugar Nellie stamp I started my love affair with stamping and with Sugar Nellie stamps and this was one of my first Sugar Nellie purchases, which is still one of my fave stamps. As my Nellie die was too small for the image I cut out part of the image before placing it in the die. I really love this technique. I stamped the image twice so that I could 3D the flower she is holding. She is coloured with Promarkers with a bit of Sakura clearstar pen and some glitter for sparkle.

Papers are Basic Grey Euphoria. Rose and asters from Wild Orchid, flatbacked carnations from Mulberry Crafts. I used 2 colours of card and 2 sizes of leaf punch too. Sentiment is from Craftwork Cards.

The weather here has suddenly turned much cooler this week so its time to sort out the wardrobe. I am hoping my laptop will be back this week. I am missing it especially Photoshop for the photos as it is also getting darker now for photographing my cards although I managed to photograph this one whilst it was still nice and bright this afternoon.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Marianne this is beautiful not surprised she is your fav she is gorgeous and beautifully coloured.
Chris x

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, Marianne!
Hugs
Kim
x

Linda said...

what a sweet card
hugs Linda

PCM said...

Oh, she is adorable. I love all the elements on your card. Good Luck.

downrightcrafty said...

oh she is sure a sweetie isn't she and coloured beautifully, with the little bit of sparkle too
Hugs Kate xx

Jill said...

Just love the glitter and that stamp is so cute Marianne! Its turned slightly more autumnal here as well, I don't mind as I am not keen on the hot weather! (have we had any this year, can't remember!!) Jill x

pinky said...

Its definitely full of sugar and sweetness Marianne. Love it. Lot cooler here too sadly. But someone has said there will be a Indian summer in two weeks times lol.
Pinky

dolcreations said...

I can totally see why you fell in love with this image, she is just adorable! I love how you cut part of her out and then 3D the flower...really makes it! Beautifully done Marianne!

Berry said...

This is stunning Marianne, such lovely colours! I would love to enter the sweeties DT call but 6 design teams is quite enough for me at the mo! Hugs Rebekah xx

Fiona said...

beautiful Marianne...I love how you have layered the image onto the scalloped circle...I like that effect.

Fi
x

Lisa said...

Hi Marianne, Such a pretty card! I love the papers and gorgeous SN image.

Lisa x

Lynsey said...

Marianne this is stunning! So glad I managed to get you into SN stamps!
Looking forward to Saturday.
Hugs Lynsey x

kaos said...

What a gorgeous card - good luck!

Unknown said...

Wow...this is GORGEOUS... I just love all your stuff here... I might have already told you this before but in case I didn't, We're looking for talented papercrafters like you to join us by entering exciting challenges at Papercraft Star. All the challenges are posted way in advance to give everyone a chance to get their project ready. The public and participants can vote for their favorite projects (that win People's Choice Awards) and we also feature fantastic give-aways from our sponsors. We hope you'll come over and join us today at http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com We're right in the middle of a $25.00 gift certificate give away just for becoming a follower!