Friday 22 October 2010

Two non tradional Christmas cards

I hope you managed to catch the Create and Craft programme at noon today. I had recorded it and watched it when I got home from work. It was so exciting to see the presenter holding up my granny and grandpa cards as samples from the stamps and CD. The SWALK collection is the pick of the week so if you want them get them quick before they sell out.

Now on to my DT card for Winter Wonderland where this week Kate has given us a recipe of 2 papers, 1 ribbon, 1 snowflake and 1 charm. The DT have come up with some fabulous cards this week and we have been joined by Lisa as our designer in the spotlight and she has used one of my fave LOTV stamps. My stamp was part of my Birthday pressy from Lynsey. I loved her last year and was so pleased to get her. I used the gorgeous Kars Xmas papers. I love all the colours on the striped paper and the sparkle on the snowflake paper which I cut with my MS snowflake border punch. I added some candy cane ribbon, a sparkly snowflake from Me & my big ideas, ticket sentiment and a snowflake charm from the Hobby House. I am entering this into the challenge at Totally Papercrafts which is stick a number on it.

My second gorgeous girl on this A5 card is from Kraftin' Kimmie. She is coloured with Promarkers with lots of glitter on her clothes. I went for a real pink girly look with this one. Papers and border are Papermania and the MS snowflake punches have been out again. The large snowflake is made up of 3 snowflakes from the Spellbinders die, coloured with 3 different pink Promarkers, covered with glossy accents and diamond dust. The other snowflakes are made with an MS punch and white glitter card and pearls. I added some lace and a Pollycraft sentiment.
Challenges:
Totally Gorjuss Pink
Kraftin' Kimmie Non traditional Christmas colours
Fussy and Fancy Winter Wonderland
Passion for Promarkers Pink and white Christmas card
Craft Garden Pink ribbon, lace or yarn
Quixotic Paperie Christmas is coming

Have a great weekend everyone. The sun is shining today but I think we are in for a cold and wet weekend. We're off out tomorrow night for a pizza and the theatre to see The Hollies in concert.

24 comments:

Cor* said...

Non traditional colors is right but festive nonetheless. I love how this image portrays her jumping in the snow! Thanks so much for showing us YOUR WINTER WONDERLAND creation!! Happy Holidays!!! Hugs- Corry

Cor* said...

at Fussy & Fancy that is!! Oops!

Marianne said...

Lovely cards. I love the images and the colours you used!

Unknown said...

2 lovely cards its nice to see non trad, have a good night.
Chris x and weekend.

Lynsey said...

Fantastic cards Marianne, I love them both. The pink one is just to my taste!
Hugs Lynsey x

Lynda said...

Two beautiful cards Marianne and two beautiful images!

Love Lynda xxx

Jill said...

You know what as such a Bah Humbug that I am I really like non-traditional cards! They are gorgeous Marianne! Jill x

Lisa said...

Hi Marianne, Gorgeous cards! My fav has to be the pink one :o) Hope you have a lovely time tomorrow night.

Lisa x

kaos said...

While I do love traditional cards - evry now and then you just have to break with tradition - especially if the results are as gorgeous as these!

Joey said...

Hi Marianne

two fab cards great colours, thansk for joining us at tpc

Joey.xx

Vicky said...

Fabulous cards Marianne!, both soooo gorgeous and I just love the pink one :o)
hugs Vicky xx

Berry said...

Both cards are absolutely stunning Marianne, love that sugar nellie manga image! Hugs Rebekah xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Both cards are absolutely stunning hun!
hugs and xxx

Fiona said...

hey Marianne...2 fab cards...I like the top one best I just love those Mangas!!

Fi
x

Anne said...

Two brilliant cards Marianne, thanks for playing along with Totally Papercrafts. Good luck
Anne x

Anonymous said...

Both cards are lovely Marianne, thanks for joining us at PfP. Sue C x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Marianne, what a gorgeous card. I love the cute image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for sharing with us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Mandy said...

Hi Marianne,
A BIG SORRY for not popping by for a while but as you know we have been busy(CC WORK) and I also needed to get all my other DT work done as we are now on holiday..Have checked out all of your sneaky peeks all gorgeous as always...Just got back from a long walk on the beach....
Mandy xx

Julie said...

Hi Marianne - two gorgeous cards!! I do love that KK image especially! Thanks for joining us at PFP this week, Juliexx

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi there, loved your fabby card, great image, thanks for joining in the fun this week over at Totally Papercrafts, hugs Heidi xx

Anja´s kortkreasjoner said...

Such a fab pink christmas card. Thank you for joining us t PfP this week, and good luck.
Hugs, Anja

Andie's Space said...

Hi Marianne,
What a gorgeous pair of wonderful cards. They look fantastic. Thanks for joining us at PFP.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Michele Roos said...

Such a pretty cards Marianne. Love the images you've used and the designs also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

These are gorgeous - it's lovely to see something other than the traditional red and green, and I love the sparkle.
Thankyou for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Caroline xxx