Sunday 29 May 2011

Sailing home

Good evening. I hope you have all had a lovely weekend. We had a great time last night, lovely meal out and then saw Foorloose, which was fantastic. We've been out visiting all day and am out again tomorrow so apologies for not visiting your blogs for a couple of days. Will catch up with you all as soon as I can. It's great to see the entries coming in for the Winter Wonderland bloghop. If you haven't played along yet then I hope you will, as there are 22 prizes up for grabs this week.

Now onto my card, which is a bit of a change for me. When I won 5 digis last week from delicious Doodles, this was one I chose as I thought it would make a great men's card. I left the image black and white as I like the sketchy style of it. I used some scraps of papers and a star punch. I just love bunting and when I saw the fab sketch at Willow Sketchie knew this was the perfect sketch to use.

I would also like to enter this into the following challenges:
Birthday Sundaes Male Birthday card
Scrapbook Sisters Row, row, row your boat
Simon Says Stars and stripes
Do it with Digis All about the boys
Charisma Boy oh boy

15 comments:

Saskia said...

Beautiful card, so elegant! Great to see your work at Willow Sketchie Challenge! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

sweet greetings, Saskia :)

downrightcrafty said...

I adore this image and was lucky enough to win some of her delicious images myself - love how you have presented this and the bunting is a great addition
Hugs and enjoy your weekend
Kate xx

Lynne said...

Such a beautiful image - so serene :)
Thanks for joining the Divas at do it with digis :)
Hugs
Lynnexx

pinky said...

Thats beautiful Marianne, love your image and the cute little banner.

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Marianne, what a fantastic card. I love the image and papers you've used. Thanks for joining us at charisma cardz challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Sandra H said...

Beautiful card love the image used and banner papers goes well with it too truely is fantastic............:)Sandra H

Christine said...

Great card!! Love the banner embellishment. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog.
xoxo, Christine

dolcreations said...

What a wonderful card for a man. I love how you have left it black and white with the red....very nice!
Glad to hear you had a nice evening...

coops said...

fabulous card marianne.i love the image and your striking colours are fab :D

xx coops xx

Vee said...

Fabulous male card. Thanks for joining our challenge at Charisma this week.
xx Vee

kelly ledder said...

Such a beautiful card, love the image.
Thanks for joining us over at Willow Sketchie challenge this week and please pop back next week for another fab sketch x

Tara Godfrey said...

Marianne, I love your card! What a tranquil image and I love the way you incorporated the stars and stripes!
Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Challenge!
Hugs,t

Candice F said...

Great card! Thanks for playing with us over at Birthday Sundaes.

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi Marianne, WOW this is super, What a stunning card. Thanks for playing on Willow Sketchie Challenge this week. Love Hazelxox

Anniebee said...

This card is gorgeous! I have just arrived at your blog via a link on someone else's blog and I have to tell you that I'm loving your work. I'm a paper, ink and Copics addict and I love your cards. I'm sorry I missed your blog hop. I would have enjoyed it, I'm sure. I hope you won't mind having another follower! And Happy 40th Anniversary and 2nd Blogversary too!

Anniebee
anniebeescraftroom.blogspot.com