Sunday 16 October 2011

Very pink, a candy winner and oops!!!

Another gorgeous day here today and what am I doing, making cards as I have so many to get done for Crafter's Companion. Hope the weather lasts as we are off out visiting tomorrow. I decided to take a break from my DT cards and make something else and here it is. My card features one of the gorgeous Sassy girls from Sugar Nellie coloured with Promarkers. I tried the ditty background for the first time as I have seen this quite a lot lately and thought it would be fun to try it. The papers were a Birthday pressie, Kars Country Rose and boy are they pink or what! I used an MS border punch, Marianne leaf die, X cut butterfly punch, Craftwork cards sentiment and various flowers. The fab sketch is from The Sugar Bowl and I would like to enter the monochrome challenge at The Crafty Pad and dying to diecut at Marianne's Design Divas.

Ans the moment you have all been waiting for which is the winner of my Birthday candy and it is.....
That's you Lynn (Delphinoid). Please e-mail me your address and I'll pop your goodies in the post to you. Don't despair if you haven;t won any candy from me yet. I'm off to America before Christmas and I'm sure to come back with something lovely to give away.

Lastly, look what happened to me Friday night. Reaching to get something from the back of a shelf in my craftroom and down came packs of embellies which burst open all over the floor. This is just a small part of it and of course some of the embellies are tiny and being such a tidy fanatic I had to pick them up and out them all back in the right sections of the containers. What a job that was and not to be recommended.


28 comments:

Jan said...

Congratulation Lynn! Happy Birthday Marianne. I love your card xx Jan

Vicky said...

Super card Marianne....love the image and colour hun....and happy birthday too sweetie...!

Oops....times I have done that with my wee embellies...lol...

big hugs Vicky xx

downrightcrafty said...

Happy Birthday hun, and oh my what a birthday present picking up all those embellies, hope it did not take too long
Hugs Kate xx

Claire said...

Gorgeous pink card! Congrats to Lynn on winning the candy too. I don't envy you haven't to pick up all those embellies .... what a job! Hugs, Claire x

Dawn said...

Pretty in pink!
Thanks for linking upp to the Monochromatic challenge at The Crafty Pad this week!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

mags said...

Lovely card. Well done Lynn on winning the candy. What a job you had picking up all those embellishments.
Mags
x

Nannieflash said...

Oh dear Marianne we all have those type of mishaps Im always managing to knock something over.
Stuning card love your colour choice and colouring. hugs Shirleyxxx

Sandra H said...

Wow this is a lovely card Marianne love the pink and many congratulations lynn on you win :) Sandra H

Lisa Jane said...

oh your card is so pretty - gorgeous colouring
You have more patience than me picking up all that stash lol
Lisa x

angelique (anlou) said...

hiya sweetie
what a super card hunni
lynn congrats hun
marianne thanks for the chance sweetie
what a mess you made, i see so much little things, do you sort it out or just trow it away?
hugs angelique

Moni said...

Gorgeous card, and so love the colour combo. Hugs,moni

Debbie said...

Hi...Love the card. The image is lovely and the pinks are just beautiful.
Debbie x

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Beautiful card Marianne - very girlie! Congrats to Lynn as well. Helen x

lindyloo said...

Hello Marianne
super card I love the image and she is coloured so beautiful
oh dear the times have have dropped my card candy
hugs lindyloo x

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous pink card.. lovely image and colouring...A very Happy Birthday Marianne...Oh! the times I've done that...yesterday it was glitter..on CARPET.ggrr...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lynn (delphinoid) said...

Happy Birthday Marianne!!!

Your card is gorgeous and very pink, lol. The papers are lovely and your embellishments finish it off beautifully.

I'm so pleased to see I have won the candy, thank you so much. :) (I have emailed you). I look forward to getting my package.

As for your oops, well we have all done something like that, but it's surprising just how long it takes to pick it all up.

Hope you're weekend has been lovely.

Happy Crafting!!! :) X X

coops said...

Happy Birthday Marianne.i love your beautiful card.fab pretty colours and the image is stunning ;D
huge congrats to lynn on winning your candy, enjoy :D

xx coops xx

Aunty Sue said...

happy birthday and loving the card but glad i didnt drop the box of embellishments.

Berry said...

Stunning pink card Marianne love that image. Woops to your mishap I'm always getting glitter everywhere! Well done to your candy winner too! hugs rebekah xx

Lisa said...

Hi Marianne, Gorgeous card! Love the papers (I have a pack of these somewhere in my stash) and you'll be pleased to hear another Sassy image I like :-)

Oops indeed! ... I might have picked up the bigger ones but i'm afraid to say I would probably have hoovered up the little bits!

Lisa x

debby4000 said...

Absolutely gorgeous Marianne.
luv
Debby

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Hi Marianne have just discovered your blog and must say am impressed, I have joined in with your followers. Love the sassy stamp card. Alison xxxx

Debbie said...

Fabulous card Marianne - great choice of colouring. :)
Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Pad challenge this week. :)

Debbiexx

Happy Birthday..:)

The Crafty Den said...

Congrats to Lynn (not jealous at all lol!) Hope you had a fantastic birthday. Well done on picking up and sorting all those tiny embellishments, I think I would have got the hoover out :) Hugs, Denise x

H said...

Congrats to Lynn
Gorgeuos card marianne.
That did happen to me to couple of weeks ago
Hugs harma

Crafteezee said...

So pretty. Thanks for joining us at Mariannes Divas.
Hugs Tracy x

Lynn (delphinoid) said...

Hi Marianne. Just letting you know my lovely candy has arrived. Thank you so much.

Happy Crafting!!! :) X X

crafty amy said...

Awe this really is pretty in pink :D I love the layout and the flowers.
Man it looks like you one heck of a job to pick up all those embellies lol I hate it when that happens.
Thank you for joining us at Marianne's Design Divas and good luck.
Hugs

Amy xx