Saturday 17 December 2011

My Mum's Christmas card

I've scheduled this post, which is my DT card for Totally Gorjuss where the challenge is For Someone Special, as I will be out all day. I made this poinsettia at the Crafter's Companion 3 day workshop. The stamp is Sheena Douglass. They were stamped onto red and green card, cut out, edges inked with DI, sprayed with gold Spray and Sparkle and put together, shaped and gold glitter added to the centre. I decided to use mine for my Mum's Christmas card. I made the shaped card with my Grand Calibur and large Nesties. I kept the design very simple as the flower is so large and sparkly it didn't need much else. We are sponsored this week by Joanna Sheen so I hope you'll join in the fun. I made my last Christmas card Friday afternoon. It's my hubby's card which I will share with you another day.

14 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Gorgeous card Marianne and I am sure your mum will love it...

Anne

Janet said...

Beautiful card Marianne.....Mum will love it!

Merry Christmas!
Janet x

pinky said...

Wow its amazing Marianne!

Lisa Jane said...

oh what a co incidence -i have made a project today with a Poinsettia something like that!
Great minds think alike .. and i am also thinking of using it for my mum!
Yours is beautiful.. love the shimmer
Lisa x

Linda said...

What a very beautiful card
hugs Linda

mags said...

Such a beautiful card Marianne that your Mum will love.
Mags
x

Sandra H said...

Marianne, Your card is gorgeous and your mum will truly love it:) Sandra H

Vicky said...

It's stunning Marianne...your Mum will just love it hun ....

big hugs Vicky xx

Chrissy said...

This is just beautiful Marianne, your Mum will love it...gorgeous work.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Bettina L. said...

Wow this is gorgeous Marianne. Love that poinsetta with all the layers and the glitter. The dp and design of this card is beautiful. Merry Christmas. Hugs Bettina

coops said...

wow this is stunning marianne.i love the poinsetta and fabulous sparkle :D

xx coops xx

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne this card looks fantastic! I bet your mum will love it!
Hugs Lynsey x

Sue said...

Beautiful card Marianne,love the shape and flower.Your Mum will love it.
Hugs Sue xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

I loved this when I saw your post on facebook, but seeing the larger pic on here it's even more gorgeous, love the gold on the poinsettia and the detail is fab
Lindsay xx