Sunday 11 December 2011

Traditional Snowman

This is my second post for today. Please scroll down for my Sugar Nellie bag and tag.

I'm a bit late posting my DT card for Totally Gorjuss this week as I was out all day yesterday and have been out today as well finishing off the Christmas shopping and sorting out a few queries on the I Pad, which I absolutely love. Our challenge is Let it Snow and one lucky winner will win £10 to spend at Crafter's Companion. I've used a lovely traditional snowman stamp from Joanna Sheen which has been coloured with Promarkers and Flexmarkers. I love doodling and doodled some faux stitching on the backing paper which is from a sample pack from Crafty Emma's Store. I was going to add a paper from DCWV but it didn't look right so I just cut the large snowflake out of the paper and added a brad. The snowflake border was cut with an MS punch, some wooden snowflakes and Crafty Bitz sentiment to finish. Hubby is downstairs wrapping up my Christmas pressies whilst I am up in my Craftroom. He had a wish list, which included a few crafty bits, so here's hoping for some new goodies on Christmas Day.

Thanks so much for all your lovely comments. I appreciate them so much especially at this very busy time of year. I am doing my best to keep up with commenting as much as I can and am now down to 7 Christmas cards to make. At least the others are all written and mostly posted. Last ones to go in the post tomorrow. Others will be hand delivered. Hope your preparations are going well.
Challenges:
Joanna Sheen Christmas wishes
Kaboodle Doodle Colours of Christmas
My Mum's Craft Shop Traditional Christmas
Paperplay Snowman

26 comments:

Hlora said...

Ahh this is so sweet... I love the fab paper and layout. It is adorable ;)

downrightcrafty said...

love the aqua's and fabulous image and love those wooden snowflakes
Hugs Kate xx

Mandy said...

Sounds like your organised Marianne,I've just got my cards to write which I hope I'll do tomorrow....Your card is beautiful,Love the snowman and the snowflakes..
Mandy x

Lisa said...

Hi Marianne, Gorgeous card! Love this snowman image and FAB doodling ... i'm never brave enough to doodle lol!

Lisa x

dolcreations said...

You know I love your snowman cards! This is such a cutie.....I think those snowflakes are amazing you placed on the card. Sounds like you are sooo organized this year! I have to get going on my cards so badly....Hope you get what you wished for on your crafty wish list! Have a wonderful sunday Marianne.

Stamps and Paper said...

WHat a lovely snowman he is...love all the snowflakes..hopefully we wont be getting any of those.
Well apart from any Challenges I have just made my last Christmas card..yipppeee.

Anne

Squirrel x said...

Simply Snowtastic hun! Love it. Hugs Sxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is downright cute. Thank you for joining us at CYDA this time and good luck.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

The Craft Bucket said...

Very cute, pretty much finished all the cards apart from my nearest and dearest but its going well. Thank you for joining us on the Joanna Sheen Challenge, love Jane (DT) x
http://thecraftbucket.blogspot.com/

Catherine said...

This is so cute, I love it!!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Marianne luv that snowman havent seen him before, and your bag below is stunning.
Chris x

Seafield Jo said...

A great card Marianne, I love the image and your colouring is fab. Jo x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so adorable Marianne absolutely love it.
luv
Debby

Vicky said...

So adorable Marianne...!

have a lovely evening....hugs Vicky xx

Berry said...

Beautiful work marianne what a darling image hugs rebekah xx

lindyloo said...

Hi marianne oh what a cute image love the layout too lindyloo x

Lisa Jane said...

what a wonderful snowman - and i love the snowflake border
Lisa x

Unknown said...

Sweet card you made! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles.

martina's kaartjes said...

this is one fab card ! love it !
greetings, martina
x

Sandra H said...

Hi Marianne, Another fabulous card l love the snowman image and the cute animals around stunning:) Sandra H

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Marianne, love this gorgeous card, the snowman is so adorable and fab doodling.

Donna x

Tracy Heaton said...

What a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at MMCS
Tracy x

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Marianne

What a lovely card - the snowflake border is gorgeous - must get myself one of those (too late to put it on my xmas list!!!!)

Hope your get the last of your cards done. I've still got some to make and none of them are written out yet - so you are ahead of the game than me!!

Thanks so much for sharing your card with us over at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck.

Tina

coops said...

stunning card marianne.your colours are gorgeous and i love the fab snowman image and design :D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card, and that image is just adorable! Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week!!

Deirdre said...

Beautiful - Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay last week.