Tuesday 25 February 2014

Walking in the snow


One minute there is an Easter card on my blog the next a Christmas card, keeps it interesting I hope and I am determined to keep these Christmas cards coming all year. I almost had a disaster whilst making this card. I use a fine tip applicator filled with PVA glue and as I squeezed the bottle to attach the trees my hand became covered in glue. The bottom of the bottle had split. Luckily I was using the glue over scrap paper so the only casualties were my hand and the scrap paper. I have had the bottle 7 or 8 years so can't complain but had to quickly order another. 

So onto my card recipe:
Image - Pink Gem
Medium - Copics
Papers - Bo Bunny Rejoice
Ribbon - Crafty Ribbons
Dies - MB snowflakes and Doohickey slender firs which I have embossed with Cutlebug swiss dots
Other - Stickles, Viva Decor pearl pen

I admired these dies on one of my Crafty Little Fairies' blog and said I couldn't justify buying them though. Why are their dies so expensive? I had a lovely surprise in the post a couple of days later, an envelope of tree diecuts. Wasn't that kind.

Challenges
Send a smile 4 kids Punches or die cuts 4 kids 
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Extra Anything Christmas goes 
Kaboodle Doodles Use ribbon 
The Cutie Pie Cute with spots and dots 
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Use a sentiment (on the ribbon) 
My Mum's Craft Shop Spots and stripes

32 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

how beautiful
hugs Kate xx

Doreen said...

Love your gorgeous card,fabulous image.xxx

susiestacey said...

Lovely card Marianne x Susan x

DesignerDiva said...

Cute little card Marianne lovin' the bit of sparkle on his fur trim. I really need to crack on with Christmas I'm starting to feel behind as everyone is doing so well with their makes this year
Hugs Laurie xx

Squirrel x said...

He looks warm and cosy, even in the snow! Gorgeous hun. Totally agree with you about some companies' die prices, shocking. Hugs xx

Sue said...

Love the image and sparkle,fab die cuts.
I wont but the prices for some dies.
Hugs Sue x

The Craft Bucket said...

Good for you making a Christmas card, I did straight away but too many nice goodies arrived by way of Santa so that is as far as I got! Lucky escape with the glue too. Love Jane x

Carol S. said...

Great card Marianne. Love the little bear and the fir trees are lovely. I feel the same as you re: Doo Hickey dies. I like a lot of them, especially the flowers but cannot justify spending that amount on one die. They must be losing money and would sell more, if their prices were lower. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, wow this is just gorgeous, as always hugs Pops x x x

rachel said...

super card marianne - love the teddy and the red and green looks fab xx

Dawn Walsh said...

Cute card you give all new meaning to getting ahead ha ha

Sandra H said...

Really striking card Marianne and the image is just so cute!! thank you for your advise l've entered my card and yes l have entered too!! xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Marianne. I love the image and fabulous detailing.
Sue xx

Renata said...

Wow, your card is gorgeous! Thanksn for joining this weeks challenge at CCWS.

Jacqueline DH said...

What a great card! Thanks for joining CCWS!

Gr. Jacqueline

Diane said...

I admire you Marianne for making a christmas card and such a sweet one at that !!

hugs Diane xx

cuilliesocks said...

Oh this one is so lovely, gorgeous colours and I love the wee bear, hugs Kate x

Debs said...

What a cutie!! Fabulous image and perfect detailing.
Debs xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Marianne!
Kevin xx

Danielle Vincent said...

Terrific card - Love those green boots :o) Wonderful use of traditional colors and papers. Thanks so much for joining us this week at ATS&M.

Isobel said...

Great card thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodle and good luck x

Jackie said...

Another gorgeous card, love the little teddy and the stripes :o)
Jackie xx

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely cute card - hope to see you again soon. x

Anonymous said...

Lovely card. Fab die cuts and colouring. Thanks for joining the fun at ATSM. Monika

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie's. Sue x

scrappymo! said...

Cute card...lovely colouring and shading!
Great card and thank you for joining us this month at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra.

Maureen aka Scrappymo!

mags said...

A lovely card Marianne. Such a cute image.
Mags
x

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous, love the sweet image! ...thanks for joining us at A Gem Of A Challenge!
Helen x

coops said...

so gorgeous marianne.fab sweet bear and i love your traditional colours :D

xx coops xx

coops said...

so gorgeous marianne.fab sweet bear and i love your traditional colours :D

xx coops xx

Rose said...

super cute image!!! So glad you joined us for our CHNC challenge extra this month

Helen said...

Great card, Marianne.

Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge.

Helen x