Thursday 3 December 2009

I'm so excited


SECOND POST FOR TODAY
I'm so excited that I can hardly type the right letters. I checked today's challenges and not only have I been chosen as a guest designer with the lovely girls at Moving along with the times but I also won the challenge at The Sugar Bowl so 7, yes that's right 7 fabulous Sugar Nellie stamps will be coming my way, yippee.

I bought my this Whiff of Joy stamp a little while ago and this is only the third time I have used it. I absolutely love the image but am never totally satisfied with my colouring. This is my best effort so far so hopefully they will keep improving. There is such a lot of dress on this image and there are some gorgeous colourings out there in blogland. I'll just keep practicing. As it is such a large image I decided to cut her into an oval for a change.

This is the first time I have tried weaving my papers, which of course are BG Eskimo Kisses again. I decided to keep the embellies to a few snowflakes to show off the image and papers. Weaving is the challenge at Stamptacular Sunday. I like the effect so I think I'll try that again.

12 comments:

Liza said...

A fabulous card, this WOJ image is one of my favourites and i love your BG papers. Thanks for joining us at SSC.

Liza x

Nikki Schmaltz said...

You did a fantastic job weaving. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining in at SSC

Aud Kirsten said...

wow, your card is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week:)

dolcreations said...

Great card Marianne. I love that deep blue...just stunning! Congrats on your guest designer position!
Christine

Unknown said...

Hi Marianne,
OMG what a gorgeous card. Congrats on both your bits of news - lucky girl!!

Hugs
Dawn xx

pinky said...

Marianne I was so pleased when I saw your name there this morning, well done on both occasions. Love this card, very beautiful.
Pinky

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne what great news! So pleased to hear about your win and GD spot! Your card is beautiful, the image looks lovely in blue!
Hugs Lynsey x

Carolyn said...

Such a lovely card. Your weaving is perfect. Thanks for joining in at SSC.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful image. Well done on winning the stamps.
luv
Debby

Georgia said...

Very pretty card. Thanks for joining us at the SSC.

Anonymous said...

Great card ;0)

Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

Janneke X

Paula said...

Beautiful weaving! Love this card, very lovely! I'm so glad you joined us this week at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!
Pleasantly,
Paula