Thursday 14 January 2010

Walking the dog


Went back to work today and didn't feel as good as I thought I did but I made it through and now I'm home in my lovely warm house. It's been a miserable day today, dark and gloomy and raining this afternoon. Time to post this card I made last night. This was a challenging sketch over at Crafts 4 eternity as there are so many elements to it but I love a good challenge with trying to fit it all on one card. There is also a recipe of checks and a dog so this fab digi image from Pollycraft was perfect. Hopefully you can see that one of the pink papers is checked. I decoupaged the dog, inked the edges of everything and added some pink shimmer chalk around the image. I've recently rediscovered my chalks and am loving them. There is a Birthday challenge at Crazy 4 challenges and The Pink Elephant. Simon Says want shabby chic and I thought the brown K&Co paper and the distressed sentiment from Craftwork cards fitted the bill. Lastly furry friends is the challenge atPaperplay.

11 comments:

pinky said...

You have aced the sketch Marianne, it was a toughie lol. Love your choice of papers and the image is definitely great with the shabby chic lool. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Pinky

Suzette said...

This is just perfect I love the image. I love it well done with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at C4E.
Suzette

Elisa said...

Beautiful card, love te digi stamp. Thanks for taking part @ PaperPlay

Kim Dellow said...

Fabulous card Marianne, love the image. Kim

Lynsey said...

Marianne this is a lovely girlie birthday card! Love the colours.
Hugs Lynsey x

Jo Nevill said...

Gorgeous card, I just love the image you have used and all the details you have added.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

Jo and the Simon Says Challenge DT x

Deirdre said...

Marianne, Adore your card. Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay again this week.

Mandy said...

Hi Marianne, your card is gorgeous, lovely image and colours.
Hope you are feeling better now.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Play
hugs Mandy xx

Andie's Space said...

Hi Marianne,
What a great card. Love the image & how you made the dog pop. It looks really effective. Thank you for joining us at C4E.
Hugs,
Andie xx

michele said...

gorgeous card Marianne thanks for joining us at c4e this week hugs mx

Julie M said...

Lovely card, Marianne. What a great image, love the starry t-shirt and the flares - very 70s!!!

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay again this week.

Julie :o)