Monday 20 September 2010

Lavender and old lace

I came down with a cold suddenly yesterday afternoon with a really choky throat and am feeling pretty awful today so no work for me.

It's my first week as part of the DT at A Pocket Full of Posies. I was so pleased with this challenge of Lavender and Old Lace, which was set before I joined, for those regular followers will know how much I love purple. We are sponsored this week by Meljen's designs and the DT were given some of their images to play with. I matched this lovely flower design with some of my fave Papermania heather capsule papers, which I also used for the punched flowers with added pearls. The lace is actually old as it is some my Mum gave me when she had a sort out of her materials, buttons etc. I didn't have any lavender narrow ribbon so coloured a piece of white ribbon with a Promarker (orchid) to thread through the lace. I used a Sizzx die for the leaves for a change and an MS corner punch. I hope you'll come and join the fun. You have 2 weeks to enter and if you don't have any old lace then I'm sure new lace will be fine.
I am also entering my card into the following challenges:
Sweet Sketch Wednesday
Stamp Something Digi

20 comments:

Berry said...

This is gorgeous Marianne! Funny how lots of the DT used the same papers lol inculding me! Fab little image and love those flowers! Hugs Rebekah xx

Linda said...

Very beautiful card
hugs linda

Kathie said...

Hi Marianne, Hope your feeling better soon I think its the change of season sometimes as the temperature drops.
I just love your card my favourite colours I adore Mauve and Lavender and Purple. I've done that before today coloured ribbon with my copic markers works a treat and you match everything perfectly. Love your image it's so so pretty. Take care and thanks so much for joining us this week at SSW and good luck.
Kathie SSW

downrightcrafty said...

oh love the image and of course those favorite papers but those flowers are simply stunning.

Hope you feel better soon
Kate xx

Marianne said...

Beautiful card. Love the color purple!

Jackie Randolph said...

Beautiful card! Love how you used the design papers for your flowers. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

dolcreations said...

Marianne I really hope you are feeling better really soon. I think when the seasons change that is when the colds start!
I just love how you used your favourite colours to make this absolutely gorgeous card! Coloured beautifully!

pinky said...

Gorgeous patterns in those papers Marianne, love this card. I am working on lavender at the minute but it now looks purple against yours lol.
Pinky

Lynsey said...

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well Marianne. I love your card, its the perfect challenge for you!
Hugs Lynsey x

Miria said...

Hi, Marianne. hope you'll get well soon. The card is gorgeous, I love the image and the flowers! Hugs. Miria

Jeannie said...

So pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

sweetbloominscraps said...

Gorgeous!

Simple and Sweet said...

What a lovely card! I love the colors and you did a fabulous job putting it all together. Thanks for joining us this week!
Erika - SSW

Arlana 11426 said...

Such a beautiful card. Love the purple flowers and all your added detail. Thanks for playing alomg @SSW!!!

Genevieve said...

Very pretty! I love your flowers & the sparkle on your gorgeous image. Thanks for joining us this week @ SSW :)

Genevieve.

JR Creations said...

Great card Marianne. Love the colours and details. Thanks for playing at SSW this week!

Jenny T.

mulberry station said...

Marianne, I love lavendar. Your card is beautiful!! I hope you are feeling better!
Nancy SSW

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

This is a real stunner! Love the colors and your image is beautiful! Thanks so much for playing at SSW.

Deanne :)

Lorraine A said...

beautiful card ,, everything is just so pretty ! gorgeous image and the papers and colours you used are fab :-)
thanks for joining us on the Stamp Something Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Annika said...

Such a gorgeous card with amazing details. Thanks for joining us at Stamp Somethins for our Digi Day! :)
Hugs
Annika