Wednesday 19 January 2011

A fairy and another sneak peek

Before I use the stamp of this sweet LOTV fairy I thought I would use the last of the squares of this image. The challenge at CES is no DPs. So setting all those beautiful papers aside I used card to match the colours of the image and embossed with flowers. My fave raffia lace has been out again along with some ribbon I picked up in Michaels. Flowers are Prima with some more of those sweetie brads, 1 glittery and 1 velvet, and some punched fern leaves. I would also like to enter this into the Bingo challenge at Simon Says. My card meets the requirements of 3 lines, brads, flowers, ribbon; lace, flowers, embossing; punch, embossing, ribbon.

The second card is a tri shutter and is another sneak peek from Crafter's Companion Appley Dapply CD and stamp set. I used the 2 guinea pig images and the sentiment which reads All dressed up with places to go. I added a doodle and used a Nestie die cut. Papers are all from the CD. I kept the embellies simple as this would make a great male card. I just added some punched and glittered foam stars.

I would like to enter this into the challenge of anything but a square at Stamptacular, a shaped card at The Creative Cottage and cuddly at Totally Gorjuss.

17 comments:

cebelica said...

Wow, gorgeous cards. I love the glitters on the fairy and the stars on the second card are lovely as well. Nicely done!

Mandy's Magnolia cards said...

Beautiful cards!
greetings, Mandy

Lisa said...

Hi Marianne, Gorgeous cards! Love the aqua/purple colour combo and this LOTV image is adorable :-) I have never tried a tri shutter card but this looks fab so really must give it a go!

Lisa x

downrightcrafty said...

oh both of these are fabulous but do adore the first one the colours are great together and the image so pretty
Kate x

Linda said...

What a gorgeous cards
hugs linda

Vicky said...

Such gorgeous cards Marianne, fab LOTV image and great colours too and I love the second card for it's layout :o)

Hugs Vicky xx

Jill said...

As always Marianne your cards are inspirational, just love the first one, that LOTV image is soooo sweet and as for the tri-shutter, am still plucking up the courage to attempt it!!! Jill x

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne, love your trifold card, great minds think alike I posted my trifold card today. They are quite similar!
Also love your adorable fairy.
Hugs Lynsey x

Seafield Jo said...

Both your cards are lovely, that little fairy is just the cutest and I love the whole layout of your card. I have a very soft spot for guinea-pigs and love the ones on your card, fab design too.

Wishcraft said...

Both lovely cards Marianne :o) Love the sweet LOTV fairy and the pretty colours you used. Great design and cute animals on your second one. Lisa x

Loz said...

those LOTV squares are such a great idea and the colours are so pretty!
I'm still too scared to attempt one of those tri-shutter cards..eek.. too much work! Love the DPs on that one! ♥

Danielle said...

Aww Marianne, this fairly card is stunning! I absolutely love that colour combo - it's so fresh and yummy! And great job on the tri-shutter card!
Hugs, Danielle

Berry said...

What gorgeous cards Marianne I just love that LOTV fairy what a cutee and great tri shutter card again, thanks for sharing at the creative cottage hugs Rebekah xx

Miria said...

This LOTV little fairy is fab, perfectly nested in the background and the trifold card is gorgeous as well! Miria, xx

Tracy said...

these are both gorgeous, love the trifold card such a clever design. Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage, hugs Tracy x

Emma said...

Both such gorgeous cards Marianne, love the image and colours.
Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges.
Hugs Emma x

Annette said...

Such a lovely card - love the colour scheme & such an adorable image! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.