Tuesday 4 December 2012

Something very different


Yes a very different card from me today. I have seen a few cards around blogland with beautiful floral arrangements and thought I would have a go. I also though this would be a quicker card to make than one with a stamped and coloured image. How wrong could I be. I spent ages fiddling around until I was happy with it. My first thought was to have no backing paper but then I had nothing to wrap the lace around and I hate the ends just wrapped around the card blank. So I settled on Kaisercraft Dear Santa which I also used for the poinsettias which were cut and embossed with Marianne dies. I added some gorgeous lace from Crafty Ribbons, Woodware punched holly leaves, MD die cut floral vine leave and Marianne die cut pine branches. The raffia is actually some plastic which looks like raffia. It was wrapped around something I bought recently and immediately found its way to my stash. I used a Memento dewdrop brown stamp pad for a change on all the edge and added some brads and pearls to finish. The sentiment is from LOTV.

This is my inspiration card for Day 4 of the Crafty Ribbons Advent Calendar. Hop over to the Crafty Ribbons Pure Inspiration blog to play along and see what my teamies have made. Today you could win 3 digi sets from The Cuting Cafe.
Challenges
Simon Says Anything Goes 
Delightful Festively floral 
Willow Sketchie Merry Christmas 
Crafty Catz Recycle/upcycle (plastic raffia) 
Allsorts Advent

I'm selling at a hospital craft fair all day so it's an early start so will link up when I get home.

27 comments:

Caroline said...

WOW this is stunning I love the design and the colours are gorgeous. Caroline xxx

downrightcrafty said...

very different but equally as beautiful and lovely layering of your flowers and leaves
Hugs Kate xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Marianne great colours and layout

Anne

Unknown said...

A little bit different is gorgeous I hope you do really well at the sale.
Chris x

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Beautiful card Marianne. Love the colours you've used! Helen x

julie_woolston said...

Beautiful card Marianne, love the fab detail and colours.

Hugs Julie x

nettie53 said...

Dit is geweldig mooi!

Sue said...

This is stunning Marianne.
I love the gorgeous design, the colours and textures you have used together look wonderful

Hugs Sue

Christine Dol said...

Wow, this card is totally cool. Your right....alot of work you have done here. I really like the stamp paper in the background with all the different textures!

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous, very pretty and I love the poinsettia.
Hope the fair goes well.
Lorraine x

Sandra H said...

This Marianne is so pretty x

rachel said...

gorgeous Marianne - very sue wilson-esque!!!! Gorgeous xx

Nannieflash said...

Oh wow Marianne that is just stunning, I love the poinsettas, and your colour choice. hugs Shirleyxx

Margreet said...

This is really beautiful Marianne...you did a great job!...thanks for playing with Willow Sketchie!
Hope to see you next week again!
xxx Margreet

Lisa said...

Hi Marianne, Beautiful card! I love the vintage colours and great design.

Hope the fair went well today. Sorry I didn't get a chance to pop along to see you.

Lisa x

Claire said...

WOW Marianne, this is absolutely stunning and very different for you, but I just love it. Hugs, Claire x

Donna Mosley said...

OH! WOW!!!! Marianne, this is wonderful, love the design and the poinsettia's look amazing.

Donna x

coops said...

wow this is stunning marianne.really gorgeous design and i love your poinsettas :D

xx coops xx

Sonia said...

Terrific card Marianne:) I'm in love with This card:) Some inspiration for me:)
Big hug,
Sonia

Lin said...

I love your text poinsettias! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week!

Vicky said...

OH sweetie this did make me laugh I'm so glad I'm not the only one that finds these kind of cards harder....& NOT quicker lol.
Altho I have to say this really is absolutely gorgeous, love the colour & all the details. Fabulous sweetie.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Jackie said...

Oh wow, add this style to your many talents, it's gorgeous :o)
Jackie xx

carol said...

Hi Marianne..wonderful creation, thanks for playing along with us at CRAFTY CATZ x carol

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges.xxx

Naomi Johnson said...

Stunning card and really nice to see something a bit different. Thanks for sharing it with us at crafty catz this week. Naomi

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous card Marianne, great attention to detail. I hope your craft fair went well.
Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
Pauline
x

Jo Channon said...

This card was worth all the time that you spent making it - it is gorgeous.Thankyou for joining us at the Allsorts Challenge for Advent this week. Jo x